MAST and ASSAf sign Memorandum of Understanding
On 8 June 2011 a Memorandum of Understanding between the Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf) and the Mauritius Academy of Science and Technology (MAST) was signed by Pr S. Jugessur of MAST and Prof Roseanne Diab for ASSAf.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) establishes a framework of co-operation between the Academies. The contracting Parties shall use their best endeavours and in good faith to identify opportunities for collaboration. Collaboration between the contracting Parties can take place, with mutual consent, by means of:
- exchange of scientists, research workers, specialists and scholars;
- exchange of scientific and technical information;
- organisation of bilateral seminars and courses;
- joint identification of research projects and their formulation and implementation.
- joint science and technology research and development programmes for industry and other fields
- exchange of knowledge and know-how;
- sharing of facilities for research and development as may be mutually agreed upon; and
- other forms of co-operation as may be mutually agreed upon.
MAST is a non-governmental body engaged in the development and maintenance of excellence in the fields of science and technology leading to the development, welfare and benefit of mankind, while ASSAf uses science for the benefit of society, with a mandate encompassing all fields of scientific enquiry in a seamless way, and incorporating South Africa’s distinguished scientists.